Today is Day 2 of The Medicinal Supplements Summit, hosted by Wendy Myers, with Health Talks Online.
Today's experts discuss top supplements in depth: fish oil, probiotics, Vitamin C, food-based vs. synthetic supplements and minerals, like magnesium. Learn what kind of supplements you should take and how to take them.
To be perfectly honest, it's rare that I watch every single presentation in every single summit, in its entirety. There's not enough time in the day, nor do I want to. Yesterday I listened to two completely, and skimmed others. I took notes from slideshows for all but when I skim I read every slide. Today I chose two to watch completely and skimmed one.
This is a summit that I intend to purchase after the free event, though, and right now it's only $59 to buy. The advantages of buying: Watching the presentations any time. Having them for my resources library. The bonus gifts in this one are awesome. I read about and promote a lot of summits, and this one is professional development for me for if/when I take on some health coaching clients.
Today's Medicinal Supplements Summit experts:
Charles Livingston, DC, CCWP
Deep Dive on Fish Oil Supplements
- Why Omega-3s are important
- How to tell if you are deficient in Omega-3
- Health conditions helped by Omega-3
Website: Perfect Origins
Jay Davidson, DC, PScD
Dangers and Mistakes Made with Probiotics
- Common mistakes made with probiotics
- When and how to take probiotics
- Probiotics vs. fermented foods: which is better?
Website: Dr. Jay Davidson
Andrew Saul, PhD – Featured Speaker
Vitamin C Cures and Antioxidants
- Megadosing vitamin C to kill infections and cancer
- Ascorbic Acid, Liposomal C, IV Vitamin C, food-based C explained
- Antioxidants: glutathione, turmeric, CoQ10, astaxanthin
Shawn Stevenson, CN
Food-Based vs. Synthetic Supplements
- Supplements with a connection to nature
- Ingredient damage from heat and improper storage
- Problematic excipients in supplements
Website: The Model Health Show
Carolyn Dean, MD, ND
Maximizing Magnesium and Minerals
- Minerals as a priority in your supplement regime
- Why take magnesium every day?
- Best forms of magnesium
Website: Dr. Carolyn Dean
Books: The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated – 2014) – or pre-order the second edition, coming out in March 2017, Dr. Carolyn Dean's Natural Prescriptions for Common Ailments and several others.