Today is Day 1 of The Medicinal Supplements Summit, hosted by Wendy Myers, with Health Talks Online. I've been watching & taking notes.
Today's discussion is whether you need supplements to be healthy, can you get all your nutrients from food and important supplements missing from your health regime!
Wendy Myers, FDN, CHHC – Host, Medicinal Supplements Summit
Important Supplements Missing from Your Health Regime
- Why focus on mineral supplementation?
- Hair Mineral Analysis (and other tests) to customize supplements
- Toxic metals, fatigue and supplements to detox!
What supplement is right for someone else, might be toxic to you. Listen to find out more. I want a hair mineral analysis now, and there's a new magnesium supplement that I want to try.
Ian Clark – Activation Products – Co-host, Medicinal Supplements Summit
The Most Amazing All-In-One Supplement
- Marine phytoplankton has every nutrient required!
- What is the ideal food-based multivitamin?
- Why you don’t want marine phytoplankton in capsules/powder
I've been using Activation marine phytoplankton for years. It doesn't taste good, but it feels good.
Reed Davis, CNT – Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Course Founder/ Nutritional Therapist.
Can You Get All of Your Nutrition from Food?
- Does a whole foods, organic diet deliver?
- How to know if your diet is right for you
- Food sensitivities (and how they sabotage health!)
Jayson Calton, PhD & Mira Calton, CN – Founders of Calton Nutrition, authors.
Are You Absorbing Your Supplements?
- The concept of micronutrient competition
- Variables that interfere with nutrient absorption
- Forms of supplements to avoid
These two have been teaching nutrition for a long time and have big major influencers in the field. Buy their books Rich Food Poor Food: The Ultimate Grocery Purchasing System, Naked Calories and The Micronutrient Miracle: The 28-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Increase Your Energy, and Reverse Disease
Katie The Wellness Mama
Best Supplements for Pregnancy, Nursing and Babies
- Supplements before, during, and after pregnancy
- Why you shouldn’t outsource your health to your doctors
- How moms can best deal with stress
I'm not a mama, and being one isn't part of my life plan, but I've been following Katie's work for years. She's got great information.