A few summers ago I read the book I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson. Here's an excerpt from page 6, which resonated with me:
I was a sugar addict. I didn't look like one. I didn't drink Coke or put sugar in my coffee. I've never eaten a Krispy Kreme donut, and ice cream bores me…. I hid behind the so-called “healthy sugars” like honey, dark chocolate and fruit.”
I love ice cream, but I rarely put sugar in my coffee. I don't like sweet sweets. I eat the occasional TimBit (for my international readers, though are doughnut holes from Canadian coffee chain Tim Horton's) and I prefer burnt sugar flavours. Of course I needed to keep reading.
When I first heard about the Sweet Freedom Summit I thought, “Yeah yeah, Americans and their affinity for sweetness”. Then I started reading the promo material.
Sugar is not just candy and pastries, the soda and loaded coffee drinks you order each day; it’s also found in many other foods- foods processed by their manufacturers to force your body into addiction.
True that. As as Sarah says, it's not just about refined sugar. That said, refined sugar is made similarly to heroin and cocaine, but triggers the brain’s receptors 8 times MORE than cocaine. It’s a serious issue, because refined sugar is found in most grocery store foods.
The Sweet Freedom Summit starts on Monday April 10.
People worldwide will learn from the expert wisdom so important to ending the depression, fatigue, illness and obesity caused by sugar addiction.
Here are some of the diverse talks taking place in The Sweet Freedom Summit:
- The Sugar-Cancer Connection
- What in the World Is Sugar Doing to Your Body?
- Impact of Stigma/Self-Stigma on Sugar Addiction
- Holistic Dental Approach to Giving Up Sugar
- Power of Sleep for Survival (and Beyond!)
- There's a talk called, The Man Who Only Ate Potatoes for 365 days
You can learn…
- How “non-food addiction” can lead to a serious and painful death
- Impacts of poorly processed foods on your emotional state
- Educating your family to be supportive and healthy
- Why diets rarely work long term (and the strategy that does!)
- And, so much more…
Some of my favourite experts contributed.
How to participate:
- Register immediately to make sure you'll see the free talks.
- Purchase all of the expert talks and help us reach more people struggling to live healthy lives. This means that you own all the talks to watch at your own pace. It includes all the slide shows, the presentations in MP3 – so you can listen in transit, at the gym, while walking your dog, etc., and transcripts, in case you learn best by reading. It also includes around $500 worth of bonus gifts. The online access package for all of the expert talks is $59 through Tuesday morning (April 11) at 10 A.M. U.S. eastern. After that, it increases to $79.
Whether you like your refined sugar sweets or are addicted to more natural sugars, this is for you. If you're in the latter camp, you might be even more interested in the event.
I'll never give up fruit, honey and maple syrup permanently because they have immense nutritional value but I do occasionally take breaks from them to heal from candida, fatigue, mood and more. I'm looking forward to this.
I want to share this course with you
Learn what superfoods are and aren't with this 7-part series.
Go beyond the powders & into your pantry.